11.24.2008

Packing...

I just got my first out-of-office message from someone who is leaving today and will not be back until AFTER the Annual Meeting. Something about that was wicked stressful. And it sure as heck motivated me to start making lists. I do like lists.

I started with a packing list because I am convinced/paranoid I am going to forget something. It would be especially frightful if I forgot something I told someone else I would bring! Anyway, I learned during my site visit some interesting facts about traveling to Denver for those of us who function at or around sea level most of our days. So, as you're packing, here are a few extra items you might want to include:
  • Lip balm: what ever kind works best for you, beware chapped lips in the winter that may be made worse by the altitute
  • Lotion: for the hands, especially, see above item about chapping
  • Reusable water bottle: one of the biggest pieces of advice about traveling to higher altitudes is to drink lots of water; think ahead and pack your refillable bottle to help us stay green
  • Pain reliever: all that thinner, drier air may be headache-inducing - good idea to have your fave around (this is especially bad if you don't drink a lot of water - see above)
Happy packing and prepping - for the holiday, for the meeting, and for the Catch 22 that is being out of the office. So nice to get away, yet so much will be there when you return :).