11.18.2008

Crunch time

My husband has this saying he uses when someone makes a poor choice: "They were wearing their bad-idea jeans." Well, today I told him that I forgot to put on my crunch-time jeans when I went to the office yesterday.

You see, for the Annual Meeting planners, we are 3 days away from THE deadline. And, somehow I made the transition from Sunday to Monday without realizing that. THE deadline would be the day that all the boxes need to find their way on a [insert preferred shipping company here] truck and begin the journey to Denver.

We have a three day window for packages to arrive, next Monday-Wednesday. Because then Thanksgiving happens. Then travel happens. Then before you know it you're in Denver with about 1,000 of your closest friends.

Every book, supply, sign, pen, and lanyard will arrive at the Hyatt nearly a week before you do. Join me in wishing them safe travels. Because if they don't make it...

Well, we're not even going there.