12.09.2008

Days 2-4: Best Laid Plans

I have to confess that heading into the Annual Meeting I thoroughly believed that I would succeed in getting in a new post every day. Apparently sometimes, we overextend ourselves... :) Oops.

Hopefully everyone has returned home safe and sound and is back in the office catching up. It only took me about 2 and 1/2 hours to get through all the waiting emails - not bad! I suppose I was with the people from whom I get 75% of my emails so I'm guessing that cut down on the attention the inbox needed.

I'm planning two more posts after this before we put the Peak Performance Playbook to bed for the year. But for now, some news and notes about the 2008 Annual Meeting:
  • In total, we had a record number of 1054 registrants; this was up from 1034 in 2007.
  • About 280 of our meeting attendees were first timers, many of whom were well served by AFA CONNECTION programming.
  • We had 151 tables at Fireside Chats. That represents about 90 fraternal organizations, many of which had more than one table to accommodate connections with campus professionals.
  • There were about 30 associate members in attendance who created a great atmosphere in the Exhibit Hall (please tell me you got some of those yummy desserts on Friday!).
  • At the Fireside Chats Meet & Greet six umbrella organizations were represented - NALFO, NAPA, NIC, NMGC, NPC, and NPHC. How cool is that?
  • The addition of the first-year case study challenge allowed us to nearly double the number of graduate students who were able to participate in this type of programming.
  • With the wonderful gift from Beta Theta Pi, as well as several other cutting-edge organizations we celebrated the creation of 6 endowed funds created with the AFA Foundation that will provide ongoing scholarships for Annual Meeting attendance.
Congratulations again to all of the Foundation donors and award winners who were recognized in Denver. So much to be proud of! And, thank you again to an amazing AMPT - anything and everything you loved was directly related to their work the past 14 months.

Here's to returning those many messages that piled up while you were away!
Thank you for joining us in Denver. I am so glad you were there.